I may not know any amazing leaders, but I know any good leader would need to be nice, calm, smart, and supportive of the community. I believe this because if there would be a huge problem in the community, the leader would need to stay calm and not freak out. then he could asses the problem and find a solution. although, I could be wrong because I’m sure you could have a leader with none of these traits but can still be an amazing leader.
I decided to draw a drawing a take a picture of it! but while doing so, I could not figure out what to draw. so I flipped to my sketchbook to one of my recent drawings. (hopefully, that still counts)
while drawing this, I wanted to draw something sea-like themed. so I drew the middle boy kinda floating in the water. but the page did not look full enough so I decided to draw two more characters. I really didn’t have any ideas on like a story or even names. I just wanted to draw something fun.
- What forms does civic participation come in? writing an email or letter to the mayor, governor, or president, doing public marches, talking about your opinions on social media, and protest (there are probably more ways these are just a few)
- Why does civic engagement matter? civic engagement matters because it can really impact society even if it’s not that big. little things can really make a difference sometimes.
this is my avatar. i recently got a haircut, which is why it looks a little different than my last one. i was originally going to draw it, but i got lazy. anyways, this avatar represents me because i always wear a green hoodie because it is my favorite color and also because it’s comfy. i chose a chibi editor because that is usually my art style.
So, imagine this, you don’t have a very job because you dropped out in high school which means you don’t have a very good education. So you don’t get paid enough because your job sucks. Which means it’s tricky to pay for things like food and your house. With less food, you can’t work as efficiently at your job. Which means you can get fired. Without a job, you don’t have enough money to pay for your house so you could get evicted. So now you’re homeless, jobless, and hungry. now imagine this happening to thousands of people in Milwaukee. Either it is the example I just showed you, or for a completely different reason. (not finished yet Kaufman!)
1. Explain what the four factors of poverty are and how they impact one’s life.
the four factors of poverty are housing (meaning your house and your family), medical (meaning your hospital,medications, Medicare and Medicaid.), education (meaning your school and how much education you have), and geography (meaning where you live).
2. Explain how the cycle of poverty works.
So imagine this, you have a bad job because you did not get a good enough education. So you don’t get paid enough which means it’s hard to pay for food and your house. with less food, you can’t work as efficiently which means you can get fired. without a job, you can pay for your house so you could get evicted. so now you’re homeless, jobless, and hungry.
3. How do we help people get healthy food cheaply (make sure your answer is realistic)? maybe we could convince grocery stores by telling them how this will help people who can’t afford good food to maybe have a certain day of the week where their healthy food could be half off?
What government policy suggestions do you have?
grocery stores to maybe have a certain day of the week where their healthy food could be half off?
What changes can you/we make to help?
maybe somehow we could convince grocery stores to donate more fresh food to shelters so people could eat more healthy